Leading Quick Service Restaurant Group Drives Efficiency and Customer Satisfaction with Digital Transformation
Stratix enabled this premier QSR operator to deploy comprehensive scanning and kiosk solutions to decrease wait times and improve order accuracy.
The quick serve restaurant (QSR) landscape is in the midst of a major shift. Industrywide, there is a general recognition that digital transformation of their operations is needed to offer customers the convenience, speed and reliability that they have become accustomed to in today’s quick-delivery, online-centric world.
A major QSR group believed the key to enabling this digital transformation for their stores was to invest in technology with the sole focus of driving a better customer experience. 85% of their revenue came from drive-thru channels, and the key to maximizing this was deploying scanner and kiosk technology that enabled better order accuracy and order speed in both the drive-thru and also their dining rooms. The various in-house Strategy, Operations and IT teams needed an enterprise partner to help them source, manage and support the various vendors and devices needed for this project at scale in an efficient and cost-effective fashion.
Creating a modern scanning and kiosk experience for their customers would involve:
- Deployment and installation of handheld scanners for their front counters and pickup windows to allow employees to scan customer coupons as opposed to hand-keying in coupon codes.
- Enabling the processing of electronic coupons sent through the QSR operator’s native app to drive additional sales and customer loyalty.
- Outfitting dining rooms with new kiosk scanners or retrofitting existing solutions to add a “linebusting” component to reduce wait times in the drive-thru or at the front counter.
- Supporting this technology at scale with robust mobile lifecycle management and mobile help desk solutions to minimize downtime.
To do this, they needed to partner with a managed mobility services provider with relevant experience in supporting rapid deployments of scanner and kiosk solutions at scale. They would need to tap this provider’s partnerships with leading OEMs and vendors to create a “one-stop shop” that could coordinate the entire experience. Reducing the complexities involved would allow this digital transformation to flourish, while freeing in-house resources to focus on larger revenue-generating initiatives. It would also increase their ability to market, drive sales and engender loyalty through their native app.
Stratix worked closely with this Quick Service Restaurant group to create a mobile technology blueprint comprised of an extensive suite of services to enable better-supported and more productive scanning and kiosk functionality for their dining rooms and drive-thru channels. Specifically, Stratix:
- Procured, provisioned and deployed approximately 24,000 Zebra DS9908 scanners and 1,800 DS457 kiosk scanner/Ingenico PIN pad/kiosk retrofit bracket solution bundles.
- Managed and executed installation services
- Provided 24x7x365 on-shore mobile help desk services
- Deployed itrac360 asset, return/repair dashboard and platform for asset visibility
- Managed mobile lifecycle devices with Advanced Exchange/spare pool management and OEM maintenance contract.
Ultimately, Stratix was able to rapidly ramp up scanner staging/provisioning, thereby resulting in the ability to quickly install and deploy all scanners across both corporate and franchise locations and significantly improve the customer experience.
Additionally, this QSR operator reported increased order accuracy, faster order speed, improved employee satisfaction, decreased time-to-wait in line and an improved ability to engage existing and prospective customers through their app. By enacting digital transformation across their sales channels, they are now able to offer a modern, cohesive experience that positions them well for even the most challenging and disruptive sales environments.
QSR Technology Services
Stratix is redefining mobile solutions for QSRs with the perfect combination of mobile technology expertise, an extensive partner ecosystem, second to none connectivity options and support to keep your lines moving quickly and ensure safety for both employees and customers.Learn More