Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA )
COPPA applies to operators of commercial websites and online services (including mobile apps) directed to children under 13 that collect, use, or disclose personal information from children. It also applies to operators of general audience websites or online services with actual knowledge that they are collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under 13. The Rule also applies to websites or online services that have actual knowledge that they are collecting personal information directly from users of another website or online service directed to children.
We do not believe that COPPA applies to our goods/services. Nevertheless, our services include servicing devices that may be used by children under 13, therefore, we have adopted this policy to strive to implement the goals of COPPA.
Stratix is in the business of providing certain Education technology and managed services to enable remote or in-classroom learning for students, some of whom may be under the age of 13. We do not solicit or request personal information directly from students but may collect information on their behalf from their respective schools or school districts to deploy the technology and/or conduct the services we are contracted to perform by the schools, district or state/local government on behalf of their students. Any personal information collected is used for school-authorized educational purposes and not for other commercial purposes and any personal information collected is not made publicly available. Some of the information gathered and the reason for gathering is described below:
- In the cases where we are contracted to ship the technology, devices and/or accessories directly to a students’ place of residence, we require their name, address, and telephone number (if applicable). We do not solicit this information directly from students, it can be provided by their School, School District, or State or Local Government Authority contracting our services.
- In the case where a student is in need of technical support to troubleshoot technical or other issues with their device or other technology, they may call into our help desk directly. To effectively troubleshoot and resolve their issue, our agents may ask for their name and information specific to the device they are using. These support requests result in a service ticket for tracking, usage and billing purposes and can log the student name and phone number for ongoing support purposes only.
- In the case where a device is in need of repair or replacement, a new or replacement device may need to be shipped back to the student. We require a name, address, and telephone number (if applicable) to do this.
- To be able to provide our services, we also store device specific data like the serial # or IMEI #. We collect this information directly from the device itself prior to its shipment from Stratix.
- We partner with Bark (https://www.bark.us/) to enable student account monitoring, content filtering and other related services designed to protect children from harmful content online. We do not provide Bark with any student-specific personal information to enable these services and we do not deliver these services ourselves.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 through our Website and/or not directly related to a service we are providing without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, you may contact us at email@example.com and we will remove the information. If a request is made to remove a student’s personal information and discontinue its further collection, it may impair our ability to provide the contracted service to the student which could result in service delays, stoppage or cancellation of the service.
We may collect and maintain personal information in order to perform our services. Our contact information is:
The Stratix Corporation (“we”, “our” or “us”)
4920 Avalon Ridge Pkwy
Peachtree Corners, GA 30071
Please contact us at any time to discuss the collection, maintenance, and disclosure of your personal information and/or to have your personal information removed/deleted.
Other than providing your contact information to a shipper/transportation carrier to send you a device, we do not provide your contact information to any third parties. However, if you are a student at a school, your school may provide us your information and/or we may send your device care of your school when requested. We may also use your parents’ or guardians’ contact information when provided to us to ship your device in care of your parents or guardians.
We do not make your personal information public, and we do not sell it to any third parties. We only use your contact information to perform our services, which may include using your contact information to ship devices to you.
You, your parents and/or your guardians may review and request to have your personal information, or may refuse to permit any further collection or use of such personal information. You, your parents or your guardians may request that we not speak to or ship to any child under the age of 13, in which case your parents or guardians would need to communicate with us about our services and/or your devices, and we should ship your devices in care of your parents or guardians.