Transforming Mobile Point of Sale Through SmartMobile Services for Apple
In a highly competitive industry where consumers are becoming increasingly empowered, brick-and-mortar retailers can gain a significant edge through mobile point-of-sale (mPOS). Many retailers, however, are lagging in implementing such solutions in their physical locations. And those who have taken this leap often struggle to implement mPOS technologies with their existing POS infrastructure and related systems.
It takes a true mobile expert to design and execute a plan that incorporates the full range of technology solutions needed to enhance employee productivity, optimize the customer experience and increase sales.
The complexity of mobile transformation calls for SmartMobile programs that can meet retailers’ most important challenges, including:
- Mobile insight: Understanding which mix of mPOS solutions is right for your business requires dedicated mobile expertise that retailers may lack in-house. So, too, does building, staging, kitting, configuring and shipping devices to multiple store locations in a timely manner.
- Line-busting: Consumers are less patient today than ever before. Making them wait in long checkout lines is a perfect recipe for losing sales. By arming store associates with devices like: payment sleds, scanners, and iPads running Mad Mobile MPOS, you can help them bust the line, save the sale and have them ready with this scalable solution within weeks.
- Security threats: Your mPOS solution must feature end-to-end encryption and be PCI- and EMV-compliant so that you meet all necessary security standards and guard against chargeback liability. Customer purchasing data must also be protected at every point of sale.
- Future-proofing: According to Ingenico Group, “Payment standards and mechanisms are constantly evolving — consider the upcoming EMV liability shift in the U.S. It’s important you choose a solution that can handle alternative forms of payment that the consumer wants, including near field communication (NFC), Europay-Mastercard-Visa (EMV), mobile wallets, and whatever comes next.” SmartMobile programs ensure that your mobile technology adheres to current standards and regulatory mandates.
- Support: mPOS solutions are critical to both operational efficiency and customer satisfaction in today’s retail landscape. Keeping your devices up and running requires that your retail associates have access to specialized, responsive support when and where they need it. A comprehensive Day-2 support program is a must.
- High employee turnover: For brick-and-mortar retailers, having a high concentration of part-time staff that churns requires considerable resources dedicated to training, compliance, reporting and asset management. Investing in a specialized mobile support program frees precious resources, reduces your risk of productivity loss and improves ROI.
SmartMobile Services for Apple®
As North America’s premier enterprise mobility specialist, Stratix focuses exclusively on mobility services and has over 2 million devices under management. Our services are backed by specialized teams to architect, deploy, manage and support your mobile program, guaranteeing nonstop mobility and a consistent brand experience for your customers and employees.
Stratix and Apple are redefining mobile solutions for retail operations by combining high-value, end-to-end managed services with the world’s most advanced mobile technology.
- Stratix sources Apple devices – Mac®, iPhone®, iPad® and more – that help your employees optimize the customer experience. Furthermore, we back the devices with lifecycle management support and financing through Apple Financial Services.
- Stratix helps you deliver with best-in-class Day-2 support for employees. Our Apple-certified agents offer 24x7x365 remote, enterprise-level iOS and macOS® support with AppleCare OS integration backed by AppleCare, to keep your employees productive.
- Stratix and Apple can work with you to plan the deployment of your apps and ensure your organization’s unique requirements are met. From surveying your sites to designing innovative accessories for Apple products, we help address any unique or environmental needs you may have.
- Maintaining your brand reputation calls for real-time visibility into all your retail locations. Stratix’s itrac360 portal provides a comprehensive view of all corporate mobile assets, from procurement, provisioning and activation through repair, support, expense management and decommissioning. It’s an easy way to monitor and analyze your mobile environment and maximize ROI.
- Our Mobile Device Management team supports your environment the way you want to run it. Count on us to handle upgrades, updates and troubleshooting so that your devices are secure and have the latest corporate functionality.
Customer Case Study
A global specialty retailer with five unique store brands wanted to create “flagship store” experiences across each of its 3,700 locations.Read Case Study