Winning the BOPIS Race
Amazon’s fast-fulfillment business model has changed the game for the retail and grocery industries. Consumers have enthusiastically embraced the ease of shopping from home, with deliveries arriving as soon as the same day.
Many brick-and-mortar have countered by enabling consumers to make purchases via an app or website and pick up the items in store. According to a 2019 Business Insider article, 68% of U.S. consumers have made multiple click-and-collect purchases. The appeal of the buy-online, pickup-in-store (BOPIS) model represents a potential competitive edge for retailers and grocery chains. Is your organization ready to leverage mobile technology to capitalize on this opportunity?
Stratix can help. As North America’s premier enterprise mobility specialist, we focus exclusively on mobility services and have over 2 million devices under management. Our services are backed by specialized teams to architect, deploy, manage and support your mobile devices to create better customer experiences — and guarantee nonstop mobility.
The complexity of mobile transformation calls for SmartMobile programs that can help retailers and grocery chains solve BOPIS-related challenges, including:
- Responsive support: Devices that help to drive revenue must be available whenever employees need them. Any downtime can have a negative impact on the customer experience and revenue growth. A comprehensive Day-2 support program is necessary to ensure that your mobile devices stay operational and secured — and employees can access quality support on demand.
- Scanning capabilities: An effective BOPIS environment requires high-performing scanning hardware that is fully integrated with application software.
- Rugged environments: You need to be confident your devices will do the job, where ever they are. They need to stay connected outside the store and operational in everything from freezing cold and snow to stifling heat and rainstorms — not to mention being subjected to the occasional drop.
- Enterprise-wide insight: In order to monitor and analyze your mobile environment and maximize ROI, you need a comprehensive view of all corporate mobile assets, from procurement, provisioning and activation through repair, support, expense management and decommissioning.
- Updates: Keeping your mobile devices secure and running effectively requires that you plan for, test and implement regular software updates. If your in-house team doesn’t have the bandwidth to handle these responsibilities, be sure you have a trusted partner that can.
Managed Mobile Services with Honeywell for Retail
Stratix is a Managed Mobile Service Provider offering a full lifecycle suite of SmartMobile managed services for superior employee and user experiences in the retail environment. Whether you need guidance on new deployments or augmentation of the life cycle management of your existing devices, we can give your business a roadmap to the most effective solutions possible to fuel user satisfaction and sales growth.
- As a Honeywell Platinum Elite Partner, Stratix has access to the most aggressive pricing models and technical expertise to procure scanners, printers, payment sleds and other products from Honeywell’s fully integrated suite of handheld rugged and ultra-rugged computing devices.
- Stratix delivers on-shore, best-in-class, Day-2 Support 24x7x365 to enable nonstop mobility for your employees.
- We offer platform-agnostic planning, deployment and complete mobile lifecycle management services for all of your mobile device needs. Our expertise also extends to delivering SmartMobile services that support programs for retail and a host of other industry-specific scenarios.
- Want real-time visibility into your entire enterprise environment? Stratix’s itrac360 portal provides a comprehensive view of all corporate mobile assets, from procurement, provisioning and activation through repair, support, expense management and decommissioning. It’s an easy way to monitor and analyze your mobile environment and maximize ROI.
- Our Mobile Device Management team supports your environment the way you want to run it. Count on us to handle updates, upgrades and troubleshooting so that your devices are secure and have the latest corporate functionality.
Customer Case Study
An international grocery retailer operating in North America and Europe faced significant logistical challenges in offering adequate support for its rapidly scaling mobile ecosystem across 2,000 retail locations. The daunting task of training, end-user support, management and depot services for its users’ 10,000+ devices was too difficult to execute effectively in-house.
Stratix took a holistic approach to solving their planning, deployment and support challenges. The result was a fast build-out and activation of a complete mobile support infrastructure for thousands of users in less than three weeks, freeing corporate IT support to focus on more business-critical initiatives.