International Grocery Retailer Turned to Stratix to Help Manage Growing Mobile Ecosystem
Challenged to support complex mobile footprint across 2,000 retail locations
An international grocery retailer operating in North America and Europe with $44 billion in revenue was implementing corporate-owned and BYOD initiatives to rapidly expand mobile’s footprint across 2,000 retail locations. However, the complexity of its mobile environment, especially the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platform, held challenges for the company’s U.S.-based IT team. In addition, as mobile scaled, support quickly became inadequate. As a result, the food retailer wanted to delegate responsibility for training, end-user support, management and depot services for its mobile users’ 10,000 devices.
They needed immediate support of their hybrid mobile environment. This retailer wanted to formulate a long-term strategy to drive mobile’s adoption across its global operation. The IT team required deeper knowledge of mobile applications’ configuration and management.
Specifically, Stratix was asked to:
- Create an enterprise-wide strategy and rollout plan to facilitate global adoption
- Take over EMM platform management and support for 6,000 corporate-owned and BYOD mobile users located across North America and Europe
- Find a way to track mobile adoption across two continents and audit user compliance with corporate use policies
- Train IT in the areas of mobile-specific application management, application store setup, application wrapping and secure content management
Stratix took a holistic approach to resolving the international grocery retailer’s planning, deployment and support challenges.
- Focused strategic mobile consulting efforts addressing Enterprise Mobility Management reconfiguration to streamline its operation and management requirements, and technical support staff training
- Recommended European resources to provide on-site Endpoint Mobility Management (EMM) development and potentially deliver in-country depot services
- Onboarded the company’s existing mobile users to the new EMM
- Developed hybrid, scalable, cost-effective support for corporate-owned and BYOD devices across two continents
- Provided corporate-owned users with Level 1 and 2 Mobile Help Desk Support and offered limited L2 support to BYOD users
- Provided application management and wrapping training
- Created an audit reporting system to track user adoption rates and monitor compliance with corporate mobility policies
Stratix successfully built and activated a support infrastructure to manage the international grocer’s 6,000 mobile users in less than three weeks. The Stratix solution:
- Achieved wide adoption and high user satisfaction with tiered support including concierge service for executives and high-level managers
- Freed corporate IT to focus on business-critical initiatives