Premier LTL Carrier Enables ELD Compliance and Digital Transformation for All Fleet Operations
Stratix enabled this leading carrier to migrate from DIY device management and legacy devices to a modern managed mobile technology for its drivers.
Staying competitive in the fast-moving sectors of transportation and logistics isn’t easy even for leaders in the space. It becomes especially difficult when technological pressures are rapidly evolving – specifically demands for both electronic Proof of Delivery (ePoD) functionality and compliance with the Electronic Logging Device (ELD) mandate.
One premier LTL carrier found themselves at a crossroads when they had to navigate these challenges with thousands of outdated Windows-based mobile devices reaching the end of life. Internal IT and Operations teams were buckling under the strain, and drivers preferred a more intuitive and modern user experience for their devices.
Modernizing fleet operations with an end-to-end solution that would guarantee efficiency, visibility and compliance with federal regulations. This would involve:
- Exploring consumer-grade devices for a more familiar user experience for their drivers
- Migrating their mobile device fleet seamlessly to a modern platform
- Deploying and supporting both the pilot and production rollouts to ease the burden on internal IT and Operations teams
- Bundling a suite of services to address ELD, security, configuration and connectivity concerns
- Giving drivers real-time access to routes, truckload contents and additional critical data
To do this, they needed to engage a partner with deep and relevant subject-matter expertise in both the transportation and technology sectors. They would need to tap their partnerships with leading OEMs and vendors to empower a clear migration path from their legacy devices. Most importantly, they needed to rely upon their partner for robust migration and post-migration support in order to ensure optimal up-time for their drivers using these new devices. It was critical that they be able to tailor deployed devices in the field to unique profiles, settings and restrictions as needed.
Stratix engaged this carrier and designed a mobile technology blueprint comprised of an extensive suite of services to ensure that all related devices, apps and data were securely managed during and after the migration. Specifically, Stratix:
- Enabled procurement of Samsung Galaxy Tab Active2 LTE devices with data connectivity via AT&T and Verizon
- Bundled native services such as Samsung Knox Configure Dynamic (for mobile device management), Samsung Elite Plus support (for rapid advanced exchange of defective devices), Samsung Knox (enterprise-grade security) and ProCare Technical Support
- Provided 24x7x365 on-shore mobile help desk services
- Deployed itrac360 device status reporting dashboard and platform for asset visibility
- Managed mobile lifecycle devices including device repair and spare pool management
Stratix allowed this carrier to quickly modernize their mobile technology operations with a wide-scale migration from Windows-based devices to Android-based devices, services and apps. The result was an increase in operational visibility and efficiency, with the added bonus of compliance with the ELD Mandate in order to avoid costly fines. Their drivers are now fully empowered with familiar and dependable devices that have the reliability of ruggedized technology but the appeal and usability of the consumer-grade devices they already know. The bundling of services gave this carrier “one hand to shake” for their mobile operations going forward.