Mobility as a Service Helps Manufacturer Standardize Mobile Operations and Control Mobile Costs
To grow, a global equipment manufacturer had to re-engineer mobile from the ground up
Taking an uncoordinated, opportunistic approach to mobile left a market-leading global manufacturer with a critical need to standardize its mobile systems, technology, software, and suppliers across its 140 manufacturing plants.
Implement a consistent, standardized approach that would unite the plants’ different devices, management platforms and support scenarios to control cost.
- Minimize the need for the enterprise’s limited IT staff to be involved with mobile
- Add predictability to mobile’s capital expense outlook
- Minimize risk across mobile’s rapidly changing landscape
- Create a way to track asset performance and mobility spend across the enterprise
MaaS (Mobility as a Service) from Stratix replaced the company’s unpredictable mobile spend with easy-to-understand per-device pricing. This simplified approach capped the company’s mobile spend, based on the devices in use at the moment.
- A single, supplier-financed Master Service Agreement spanned mobile devices, deployment, service and repair, support, administration and application/software management
- Lifecycle Management Services simplified the technology refresh cycle, minimizing risk
- Pre-negotiated pricing and multiple financing options added flexibility to the cost of mobile
- Device retirement triggered cash-back bonuses to defray future mobile purchases
Working with Stratix, the company deployed 20,000+ managed mobile devices across 140 locations worldwide in less than 90 days.
- Implemented a standardized approach mobile across a global enterprise
- Gained control and predictability over mobility spend
- Slashed downtime from lost, stolen and broken devices
- Managed mobile assets and licenses in real-time