Leading High-volume Consumer Retailer uses Mobile Technology to Master Store-level Inventory
Stratix helped craft a mobile blueprint to provide real-time visibility of store product
This leading tier-one retailer needed to transform the shopping experience for their brick-and-mortar customers. To do this, they needed a partner to help them leverage mobile technology solutions to streamline store operations, create better inventory visibility and improve the consistency and quality of the customer experience.
Craft a mobile program that would transform digital operations for both corporate/store personnel and customers. This would involve:
- Outsourcing the development and management of a mobile lifecycle program for employees in thousands of stores
- Provisioning 100,000+ devices and deploying them to brick and mortar stores in a condensed timeframe
- Lifecycle management services for all of the devices
- 360-degree visibility of mobile assets’ performance status and location – on demand
- Supporting multiple manufacturers under a consolidated mobile solution architect (MSA)
Deploying and managing mobile assets used by store personnel required a partner with deep mobile expertise in retail. Additionally, their distribution center workforce needed ruggedized devices to keep track of inventory in real time and automate ordering on the fly. To keep this business-critical mobile ecosystem up and running, they required expert support – personalized to the end user’s role and responsibility.
Stratix crafted a comprehensive mobile support program, encompassing hundreds of thousands of consumer and ruggedized mobile devices from several different manufacturers and inventory data from multiple product lines. Specifically, Stratix:
- Created customized mobile lifecycle management and device repair workflows for thousands of retail locations and multiple distribution centers
- Managed consolidated vendor-specific repair operations
- Facilitated mobile device management (MDM) solutions to keep native apps current on all devices
- Established a rapid response mobile help desk with hundreds of support representatives
- Deployed the itrac360 device status reporting dashboard and platform for asset visibility
- Managed mobile lifecycle devices including device repair, reprovisioning, alcohol-based disinfecting and spare pool management
Stratix completed this wide-scale store deployment in 90 days. Today, Stratix provides training and lifecycle management for devices currently in use at the high-volume retailer. Stratix leveraged their deep knowledge of retail technology use cases, coupled with their ability to scale and execute quickly, to create a single point of contact for this retailer’s mobile transformation. The rapid deployment of these devices and customized lifecycle management and repair workflows finally provided the enterprise-wide view of mobile assets this retailer had been waiting for.