Mobility Solutions Engineer (MSE)
Stratix Corporation is the trusted advisor for many industry-leading global enterprises, offering the most comprehensive managed services portfolio to help companies operationalize and realize the full value of their mobile investments. Our passion is partnering with businesses to operationalize their mobile investments with high-value services that drive competitive differentiation.
The Mobility Solutions Engineer (MSE) is responsible for the technical engineering, documentation, implementation, and testing of proposed client mobility solutions into the Stratix portfolio of Managed Mobility Services. The MSE works directly with all technical elements of the proposed mobility solution (i.e., hardware, software, network, security, and enterprise back-end integration elements) to ensure a scalable, reliable, and durable implementation that produces the highest quality and consistent results for the client as well as efficient and cost effective operations for Stratix.
The Mobile Solutions Engineer is a professional services position and will be a billable resource. This is a customer facing role, not a technical development position. Requires prior mobility experience.
The MSE will carry top level support responsibilities for implemented solutions and continuous improvement initiatives. Additionally, the MSE is expected to present new and novel technical items to existing clients in Quarterly Business Reviews, public facing webinars, and presentations to technical vendors and partners.
Key Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Engineer mobility solutions and provide necessary technical documentation in a mobility environment
- Consult, develop and document device prototype builds for customer testing and technology pilot support
- Facilitate technology meetings with customers and internal staff
- Develop and document efficient and accurate mobility staging and service processes
- Provide technical guidance and training to Stratix sales and technical staff on mobility devices and services
- Maintain a high level of expertise in contemporary mobile technology solutions
- Serve as technical liaison to vendors for products and customer support Issues
- Maintain expertise in multiple technology disciplines by continued technical and product training on Stratix applicable technologies and providing clear communication of relevant information (white papers, presentations, Subject Matter Expert assignments, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management (or other related technology degree) or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of five (5) years of enterprise Information Technology (IT) experience, production mobility systems/devices.
- Experience with Apple iOS, Google Android and Windows Operating Systems are desirable.
- Familiar with consumer smart phone and tablet mobile computing platforms; specifics around Apple and Samsung are desirable.
- Experience with Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)/Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)/Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms in the enterprise (i.e. Workspace One (AirWatch), Jamf, Microsoft Intune, SOTI MobiControl, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to travel of up to 25% of work time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Technical documentation is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally and throughout customer organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of mobile equipment design and mobile solutions architecture.
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless (WLAN and WWAN) IP networking are desirable.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete assignments independently or within a project team.
- Must be able to visualize and articulate project parameters and scope of work.
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work within a stated budget and deliver a quality solution.
- Deep familiarity or certifications with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform in the enterprise (i.e. Workspace One (AirWatch), Jamf, Microsoft Intune, SOTI MobiControl, etc.).
- Security; mobile device security experience is desirable or any security certification.
- Familiar with all 802.11 and WWAN (Wireless Wide Area Network) wireless technologies. Functional knowledge of basic parameters for wireless networking.
- Familiar with rugged mobile computing and data terminals; current Zebra and Honeywell product knowledge.