Mobility Solutions Engineer (MSE)
Stratix Corporation is the trusted advisor for many industry-leading global enterprises, offering the most comprehensive managed services portfolio to help companies operationalize and realize the full value of their mobile investments. Our passion is partnering with businesses to operationalize their mobile investments with high-value services that drive competitive differentiation.
The Mobility Solutions Engineer (MSE) is responsible for the technical engineering, documentation, implementation, and testing of proposed client mobility solutions in the Stratix portfolio of Managed Mobility Services. The MSE works directly with all technical elements of the proposed mobility solution (i.e., hardware, software, network, security, and enterprise back-end integration elements) to ensure a scalable, reliable, and durable implementation that produces high quality, consistent results for the client as well as efficient and cost-effective operations for Stratix.
The MSE is a professional services position and is a billable resource. This is a customer-facing role, not a technical development position. Requires significant enterprise mobility experience and expertise.
The MSE will provide third-level support for implemented solutions and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Engineer mobility solutions and provide supporting technical documentation
- Consult, develop and document device prototype builds for customer testing and technology pilot support
- Facilitate technical meetings with customers and internal staff
- Develop and document efficient and accurate mobility staging and service processes
- Provide technical guidance and training to Stratix sales and technical staff on mobility devices and services
- Maintain a high level of expertise in contemporary mobile technology solutions
- Serve as technical liaison to vendors for products and customer support Issues
- Maintain expertise in multiple technology disciplines by continued technical and product training on Stratix applicable technologies and provide clear communication of relevant information
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management (or other related technology degree) or equivalent field experience
- A minimum of ten (10) years of enterprise Information Technology (IT) experience, including at least five (5) years’ experience in enterprise mobility solutions
- Expertise with Apple iOS, Google Android and Windows operating systems is required
- Expertise with consumer smart phone and tablet mobile computing platforms with a focus on Apple, Samsung, Zebra and Honeywell products
- Experience with Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)/Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)/Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms in the enterprise (e.g., Workspace One/Air Watch, Jamf, Intune, SOTI MobiControl, Samsung Knox, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated capability to produce clear technical documentation is a requirement for the position
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally and throughout customer organizations
- Extensive knowledge of mobile solution design and architecture
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless (WLAN and WWAN) IP networking are desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to complete assignments independently or within a project team
- Must be able to visualize and articulate project parameters and scope of work
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work within a stated budget and deliver a quality solution
- Remote work supported; occasional travel to Atlanta or client locations may be required
- Mobile device security experience is desirable, or any security certification
- Familiar with rugged mobile computing and data terminals; current Zebra and Honeywell product knowledge
- Familiarity with ZTE and other touchless enrollment and provisioning tools
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and SaaS models
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) or other point-of-transaction data collection and barcoding systems is a plus