Mobility Solutions Architect (MSA)
Stratix Corporation is the trusted advisor for many industry-leading global enterprises, offering the most comprehensive managed services portfolio to help companies operationalize and realize the full value of their mobile investments. Our passion is partnering with businesses to operationalize their mobile investments with high-value services that drive competitive differentiation.
The Mobility Solution Architect (MSA) (a Stratix Sales Engineer) is responsible for the technical sales of the Stratix Managed Mobility Services (MMS), typically alongside the Stratix Account Manager or partner Account Managers. The MSA provides device specific and general mobility lifecycle management expertise and guidance to clients through out their requirements gathering, solution evaluation and selection, and MMS onboarding processes.
The MSA is accountable for the scoping and documentation of client requirements for the Stratix Managed Mobility Services and onboarding efforts, working in collaboration with internal professional services resources for effort estimations and associated cost of delivery. Definition of the client’s mobility solution is a key output of the MSA and must include hardware, software, network, security, and enterprise back-end integration among other technical and logistical elements.
The MSA is a presales resource to clients and will also provide billable specialty counsulting services such as MDM Healthchecks and Mobility Blueprint creation. This is a customer and partner facing role, not a technical development position. Requires prior Mobility experience.
Key Accountabilities/Essential Functions:
- Gather hardware, software and services requirements from new and existing customers
- Architect / Design mobility solutions and provide necessary technical documentation in a mobility environment
- Consult, Develop and Document device prototype builds for customer testing and technology pilot support
- Facilitate technology meetings with customers and internal staff
- Provide technical guidance and training to Stratix sales and technical staff
- on mobility devices and services
- Maintain a high level of expertise in contemporary mobile technology
- Serve as technical liaison to vendors for products and customer support
- Maintain expertise in multiple technology disciplines by continued technical
- and product training on Stratix applicable technologies and providing clear
- communication of relevant information (white papers, presentations,
- Subject Mater Expert assignment (SME), etc.)
- Assist sales staff with Bill of Material (BOM), SOW, and RFP/RFI material
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management (or other related technology degree) or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of enterprise Information Technology (IT) experience, production mobility systems/devices
- Experience with Apple iOS, Google Android and Windows Operating Systems are desirable.
- Familiar with consumer smart phone and tablet mobile computing platforms; specifics around Apple and Samsung are desirable.
- Familiar with rugged mobile computing and data terminals including Zebra, Honeywell, DataLogic and other major OEMs.
- Experience with Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)/Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)/Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms in the enterprise (i.e. Workspace One (AirWatch), Jamf, Microsoft Intune, SOTI MobiControl, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally up to 75% of work time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Technical documentation is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally and throughout customer organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of mobile equipment design and mobile solutions architecture.
- Working knowledge of wired and wireless (WLAN and WWAN) IP networking is desirable.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete assignments independently or within a project team.
- Must be able to visualize and articulate project parameters and scope of work.
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work within a stated budget and deliver a quality solution.
- Deep familiarity or certifications with a Mobile Device Management (MDM) platform in the enterprise (i.e. Workspace One (AirWatch), Jamf, Microsoft Intune, SOTI MobiControl, etc.).
- Security; mobile device security experience is desirable or any security certification.
- Familiar with all 802.11 and WWAN (Wireless Wide Area Network) wireless technologies. Functional knowledge of basic parameters for wireless networking.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and SaaS models are desired and recommended.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) or other point of transaction data collection and bar coding systems is a plus.