MIC Tech Support Specialist
Stratix Corporation is the trusted advisor for many industry-leading global enterprises, offering the most comprehensive managed services portfolio to help companies operationalize and realize the full value of their mobile investments. Our passion is partnering with businesses to operationalize their mobile investments with high-value services that drive competitive differentiation.
The MIC Tech Support Specialist is a member of the Stratix Value Add team and reports to the Technical Support Team Lead in the Mobile Integration Center. The MIC Tech Support provide team support to resolve issues with hardware, software or any other issue prohibiting the value-add team from completing their staging efforts. In this role, MIC Tech Support Specialist may focus on a specific aspect of the IT department, such as applications, or they may provide general technical support to end users. In any case, The MIC Tech Support Specialist examines issues with equipment and develops and deploys solutions to keep computers working. The MIC Tech Support Specialist may also work with technicians and administrators to resolve issues that require extra attention or indicate a larger problem within the IT ecosystem. This role requires strong technical and creative problem-solving mixed with client support and service. The MIC Tech Support Specialist will work closely with the MIC Supervisor / Lead(s) / TST to ensure that all Staging escalations are being followed. Capturing scorecard data on all escalations.
- Provides primary support for any issue the value-add team may encounter during a production project.
- Tests and validates First Article devices, instructions and any other related documentation to ensure a smooth production at scale.
- Gathers information related to issues, determines the root cause and devises solutions to resolve the issue.
- Manages the flow of incoming support requests and escalates issues to other IT specialists as needed.
- When possible, the MIC Tech Support will resolve the technical issues using various methods, including but not limited to, remotely accessing the user’s computer, speaking with team members via Zoom or teleconference, or walking the lead / tech through the resolution.
- MIC Tech Support Specialist will maintain detailed records of user issues with software and hardware and use these notes to diagnose and repair complex problems. They may also provide these reports to the IT department to track problems reported by multiple users. Additionally, the support analyst may examine records of a user’s history of software or hardware problems and offer suggestions to prevent future issues.
- The MIC Tech Support Specialist may escalate complex issues or problems outside of their field of expertise to IT support specialists. These escalations usually include notes related to the problem, records of unsuccessful solutions, and any data they’ve gathered related to the user’s problem. On occasion, The MIC Tech Support may also retrieve the user’s computer so that IT specialists can analyze the system and implement a solution.
- The MIC Tech Support Specialist will conduct periodic system tests and deploy updates to applications, servers, and hardware. They may also manage troubleshooting activities and ensure that software or hardware updates do not cause unforeseen problems elsewhere within the system or result in excessive downtime. In addition, they may provide user support during update and installation procedures for software and peripherals.
- Act as a point of escalation for all quality issues.
- Intercept and process all DOA (dead on arrival) devices.
- Work with individual technicians on problem resolution, documenting issues and overall promoting of Stratix Quality Control processes.
- Maintain reports, records, software systems and databases of all issues and escalations.
- Track all identified issues to root cause and resolution.
- Provide weekly metrics to MIC leadership.
- Problem Solving
- Attention to Detail
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Data Collection
- Customer Focus
- Proper sense of urgency
- Minimum 1-year experience in a repairs and troubleshooting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a staging, production or systems support environment.
- Excellent technical hardware and computer skills.
- Excellent technical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Support analysts typically handle multiple user issues at once, so they should be able to effectively manage their time, set priorities, and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to test and troubleshoot technology.
- Proficiency in various office/administrative applications including MS Office suite, and E-mail.
- Experience with MDM software and configuration utilities (Airwatch, SOTI, Apple DEP, etc) is a strong plus.
- Apple Certificate experience preferred.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with ambiguity.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy and punctual.
- Flexible to work overtime and weekends, as needed.
- Must be able to work with all levels of Stratix employees from technicians to senior leadership.