Engineer, Mobile Device Management (MDM)
Stratix Corporation is the trusted advisor for many industry-leading global enterprises, offering the most comprehensive managed services portfolio to help companies operationalize and realize the full value of their mobile investments. Our passion is partnering with businesses to operationalize their mobile investments with high-value services that drive competitive differentiation.
The MDM – Engineer is expected to fill a dynamic role involving both consulting directly with customers to identify and architect solutions to customer challenges and also serve as an Engineer to test and implement viable solutions for various mobile device management environments. The successful Engineer, MDM must have proven capability to drive their work, collaborate with clients/customers to understand their business challenges and develop distinctive and innovative mobile solutions. An Engineer in this position will have a high degree of independence while working with the client and must be a self-starter that is able to take a project from initiation to completion.
The MDM Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of consulting, architecting, building, configuring MDM environments to manage client mobility solutions including all associated: hardware, software, network, security and enterprise back-end integration of these solutions. The MDM Engineer is an expert in MDM technology with at least five plus (5+) years of experience. As a technical team member, it is expected that the Engineer will remain connected with industry partners and share relevant updates to the entire MDM team.
- Consult, design, and document MDM environments for new and existing customers
- Determine hardware, software, and resource requirements to implement and upgrade MDM environments based on current and forecasted Customer requirements
- Develop and maintain Change Management processes for client environments
- Provide technical guidance / support to internal depts (Sales, Service, Staging, etc.)
- Participate with MSA’s as requested to consult, design, build and test mobile client solutions
- Serve as technical liaison to vendors for customer MDM environment support issues
- Maintain expertise in multiple MDM platforms through continued technical and product training on Stratix-supported technologies (VMware Workspace ONE UEM, SOTI MobiControl, Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune, JAMF, IBM MaaS360, Cisco Meraki)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management (or other related technology degree) or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of seven plus (5+) years of production Information Technology experience and wireless mobility systems.
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience of enterprise-level Mobile Device Management of industry standard Operating Systems (Google Android and Apple iOS)
- Three plus (3+) developing / implementing Change Management processes in an enterprise environment to include customer software deployment, server design / buildout / upgrade / migration, and system integration
- Expertise in the following technologies: “rugged” and “consumer” mobile computing technology, mobile device operating systems (i.e. Apple iOS, Google Android, etc.), MDM platforms in the enterprise (i.e. VMware Workspace ONE UEM, SOTI MobiControl, Microsoft Endpoint Manager/Intune, JAMF, IBM MaaS360, Cisco Meraki), TMS platforms (PAX or Verifone) and/or mobile device security.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Technical documentation is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally and throughout customer organizations. Extensive knowledge of mobile equipment design, mobile solutions architecture, and mobile device management platforms.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work within a stated budget and deliver a quality solution.