Director, Mobile Device Management
Stratix Corporation is the trusted advisor for many industry-leading global enterprises, offering the most comprehensive managed services portfolio to help companies operationalize and realize the full value of their mobile investments. Our passion is partnering with businesses to operationalize their mobile investments with high-value services that drive competitive differentiation.
The Director of MDM (Mobile Device Management) reports directly to the Vice President of Information Technology. This leader is expected to fill a dynamic role involving both consulting directly with customers to identify and architect solutions to customer challenges and also serve as leader to the MDM team. The successful Director of MDM must have proven capability to drive their team, collaborate with clients/customers and teammates within the organization.
The Director of MDM is responsible for leading the Mobile Device Management Engineers to complete all technical aspects of configuring MDM environments to manage client mobility solutions including all associated: hardware, software, network, security and enterprise back-end integration of these solutions. The Director of MDM is an expert in all aspects of MDM with at least seven plus (7+) years of experience in the industry. As a technical leader, it is expected that the Director will remain connected with industry partners and share relevant updates with the MDM team. This position is based in Norcross, GA but will consider outstanding remote candidates.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Maintain expertise in multiple MDM platforms (i.e. Workspace One (AirWatch), JAMF, Microsoft Intune, SOTI MobiControl) and mobile devices (Google Android/Apple iOS) through continued technical and product training.
- Lead the team of MDM Engineers through:
- Participatation with customer facing technical staff as requested to design, build, test and document MDM client solutions
- Determine requirements to implement and upgrade MDM environments based on current and forecasted Customer requirements
- Design and plan migration methods to support client transitions between MDM environments
- Develop and maintain Change Management processes for client environments
- Provide technical guidance / support to internal depts (Sales, Service, Staging, etc.)
- Share technical expertise with MDM Engineer team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management (or other related technology degree) or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of seven plus (7+) years of production Information Technology experience and wireless mobility systems.
- Five plus (5+) years experience of enterprise-level Mobile Device Management of industry standard Operating Systems (Google Android, Apple iOS, and Windows Mobile)
- Five plus (5+) years of experience managing teams of technical professionals at various stages of expertise
- Five plus (5+) years developing / implementing Change Management processes in an enterprise environment to include customer software deployment, buildout / upgrade / migration, and system integration
- Expertise with Unified Endpoint Management (UEM)/Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)/Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms in the enterprise (i.e. Workspace One (AirWatch), JAMF, Microsoft Intune, SOTI MobiControl, etc.).
- Five plus (5+) years of customer facing consulting experience
- Experience with managing customers in an outsourcing environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels internally and throughout customer organizations. Extensive knowledge of mobile equipment design, mobile solutions architecture, and mobile device management platforms.
- Must be able to visualize and articulate project parameters and scope of work.
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work within a stated budget and deliver a quality solution.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Experience preparing and managing a team budget.
- Experience collaborating with technical sales team in crafting scope documents.
- Security; mobile device security experience is desirable or any security certification.
- Professional Services billing and scope management.